Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

7100 arrived last night First Impressions

brobones

Saskatoon, CA
312 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
brobones Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Aug 2006
Wed 27-Mar-13 03:13 PM

My D300 dwarfs the 7100, I looked at the different weight and dimensions before I bought it but in hand comparison is different.

D7100 felt cheap to me, kinda hollow and to light.
Not sure how rugged this body will be compared to the 300.

I will have to get used to the feel of the grip compared to the 300.
I tried some shots in very low light situations with the higher ISO and was impressed.

The AF is also impressive from what I have seen. Can't wait to get it out in the daylight.
Mode dial/Release mode dial. I didn't like it and knew that before the purchase, I will get used to it.
AF mode selection change is no big deal to me.
That is what I have noticed so far. I will add to this once I use it more. I can't wait to try it with BIF....
Bro

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 7100 arrived last night First Impressions

G