Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Supporting my D7000 via modified strap

jmiguez

Lafayette, US
534 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010
Tue 30-Nov-10 08:51 PM

I would like your suggestions and comments on what I have done to provide myself with a more assessable camera operation. Since I don't have a lot of experience with these cameras I want to make sure I won't unknowingly damage the camera.

I purchased the Nikonians' camera strap to allow me to carry the camera on my hip and have better shoulder/neck support. I like the strap with one exception. It's straps often get in the way of operating the camera. The two straps connected to the mounts often cover the eyepiece or controls. I have to stop and move them before shooting.

So, I screwed a 1/2" by 1/4" carriage screw into the tripod mount and attached one of the straps to it. You can see it in the pictures, I have two support points, the left hand camera mount and the bottom of the camera. This allows me to carry the camera comfortably on my hip and quickly bring it up to use.

I can't see where this could be dangerous for the camera, but I want to get more experienced advice.

John

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Supporting my D7000 via modified strap

G