Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7100 autofocus speed

scottashley

Arvada, US
636 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
scottashley Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded as a Winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Winner in the Annual Nikonians Best Images Contest 2015 Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2002
Sun 24-Mar-13 02:43 AM

Hi all,

After eight inches of snow fell today, my dog had a serious case of cabin fever. I let him outside to play, thinking it would also be a good time to test the autofocus speed of the D7100 I'd received a few days earlier.

I must say I was blown away by how well the autofocus worked. It struck me as much better than my aging D300. I also loved the large files and the fine gradations in the snow.

My dog was running full-bore straight at me in most of these, and he's one fast pup! Obviously not all shots were keepers, but I was pleasantly surprised how many were.

Specs: D7100, Nikon 70-300 VR (not the fastest focuser in the world), ISO 800 & 1600, f6.7-8, 1/500 to 1/1500 sec., plus 1.5 exposure, 51-point autofocus.

Postprocessing: curves, tone and smart sharpening adjustments in PhotoShop CS5.

Scott Ashley

www.ScottAshleyPhotography.com

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7100 autofocus speed
     Reply message AF-S or II doesn't matter...

G