Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7100 NEF's and Nikon Transfer (Interesting)

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
six34sigma

Cumming, US
72 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
six34sigma Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2010
Fri 22-Mar-13 05:27 PM

Had been using my D90, Nikon transfer and CNX2 without issue for the last several years. Loaded my files from cards using Nikon Transfer and then used CNX2 to review and edit the images.

Got my D7100 yesterday. Took some pictures of my bookshelf late at night and followed the same process to upload the pics through Nikon transfer and edit in CNX2. Discovered that there was little to adjust in camera settings in CNX2, for example there was nothing to change white balance or from normal to vivid etc. The options simply had vanished.

Loaded View NX2, which includes Nikon transfer 2 and imported the same images again. Lo and behold the camera settings were normal, could adjust WB and adjust picture settings, normal to vivid, etc. again. Somehow Nikon transfer was doing something to the NEF images from the D7100 and was not importing them correctly. All is good but .... has anyone else experienced this issue.

Thanks for your help.
Sanjay

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. - Nicomachean Ethics

G