Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7100 focus point selection in AF-S mode

Toby01

El Sobrante, US
278 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Toby01 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2012
Tue 19-Mar-13 11:06 PM

I just received my D7100 and can't get it to let me select the focus point. I have it set to aperture priority, AF-S, 51 points, auto-ISO, RAW, and auto WB, with the mode dial on S. On the top LCD, just below and to the left of the icon showing matrix metering, there is a solid icon with 'auto' displayed. I don't know whether that indicates anything, but I wonder if it somehow means that the camera will choose the AF point(s). The manual says that pressing the OK button while the exposure meter is on will go to the central point, but that doesn't work either. When I half-depress the shutter button, several focus points generally illuminate, and I can control any of the point selection myself. I hope the problem is with me and not the camera, but I can't seem to find the answer on my own. Anyone with a D7100 in hand that can help? Thanks. By the way, I am coming from a D90.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7100 focus point selection in AF-S mode