Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Conserving Battery Power on D7000

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Wed 06-Mar-13 08:40 PM

Just yesterday I visited the Nikon West Coast Repair Center. They recently moved from the airport to Hollywood. A 20-minute drive. I had my D7000 in to see why the battery was draining.

They are really nice folks. Willing to talk to you. Camera has another 2 months on warranty. It turns out, that nothing is wrong with either battery or camera body.

The only conclusion I can draw is that I am doing something to pulls too much electricity. I rarely use the pop-up flash. So, I just went through the obvious menu settings that limit juice. I dimmed down the LCD and Control Panel. I cut the display time for INFO, Playback and one or two others.

Is there anything I overlooked to conserve battery charge? Oh, and I rarely "chimp" after taking a shot.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Conserving Battery Power on D7000