Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Sub Command Dial question

harken

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
harken Registered since 28th Feb 2013
Fri 01-Mar-13 02:20 PM

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to the forum and have a question that I cannot find any answers to online. So here goes:

I own 2 D90s, and both of their sub command dials rotate with a little bit of resistance. Neither is too stiff or too loose (if you know what I mean). They are kind of like 'Goldilocks and the 3 Bears' where one is just right.

With the D7000, the sub command dial is so easy to turn that even if I SLIGHTLY bump it accidentally, it changes my aperture (I use Aperture control as my main shooting method). It's like when Goldilocks finds the one bed too soft. I've tried out 2 D7000s and both were too easy IMHO.

For those who own the D7000, when it was new, was the sub command dial extremely easy to turn? Even when I get a hold of the grip and position my hand to shoot, I'm changing the aperture. I'm hoping that Nikon makes these just right, but it does make me wonder whether it should be like this.

Thank you for any information!

-cinders-

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Sub Command Dial question