Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Premature D7100 questions

Ginsbury

Netanya, IL
540 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008
Wed 27-Feb-13 12:00 PM

I have just ordered a D7100, which is a polite way of saying that I have given in to a grandson who really, really wants to get his hands on my D7000 on a more permanent basis.

Two questions:
1) Will the D7100 be able to handle the new SQD memory cards? Apparently buffer clearing speed is phenomenal and makes high fps possible for longer bursts.

2) Are the D7000 and the D7100 sufficiently compatible for the same user settings to work for both? And, if so, is there some way of copying the whole set from one body to another?

I realize it might be necessary to wait a few weeks for definitive answers, hence my choice of subject line, but would appreciate any thoughts from those more in the know about these things than myself.

Nathan

G