Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 hot pixels should I buy now?

geneluck

Reading, UK
3177 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
geneluck Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2004
Sat 27-Nov-10 11:48 AM

I have seen more reports here and on the web of people having these hot or dead pixels even with still pictures. I am going to travel to India in a week's time for 2 months , planning to take 8-10000 pictures and have pre-ordered a D7000 with 35f1.8. I wanted to replace my D60 which I used quite successul in Asia in a previous trip, but found wanting on 2 fronts : speed and accuracy of AF for street scenes, and not so good for low-light shots. I am sure I can manage with the D60, but feel I would certainly benefit from taking the D7000 instead, but I will have no time to return the thing before I come back. So should I wait or go for it, even if I have a couple of hot|dead pixels?
P.S: I am not interested at this stage to discuss the merits of another camera. Thank you for your input.
Jean-luc

Jean-luc

Visit my travel website at http://www.jlpepin.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 hot pixels should I buy now?

G