Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

While I wait for the D400, I can use a D7100...

Jim Pearce

Grimsby, CA
4397 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Jim Pearce Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2004
Sun 24-Feb-13 02:33 AM

I think the buffer limitation in the D7100 is a serious issue for RAW shooters. But I spend most of my time from April to June shooting warblers and songbirds with fill flash, and neither 6 fps nor the buffer is a limitation for warblers. And who - other than D800 shooters - couldn't use more resolution for warblers? And certainly anyone shooting a D300 like I am can use higher ISOs.

Another thing I want to experiment with is using my 300 f2.8 for birds in flight using the 1.3x crop mode (really micro 4/3rds?). Autofocus should be much faster than using the TC-14E, and if the viewfinder image will be a little small at least it will be bright! And given that DOF will be 2X that of 35mm, I will be able to shoot at f3.5.

And lastly, the obvious point: an extra half an hour at each end of the day. When it's time to pack up my D300 and D300s I can pull out the D7100. It is not the D400, but I look forward to shooting with it.

Jim

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: While I wait for the D400, I can use a D7100...
Reply message I'm not sure what you're talking about TonyJ...
     Reply message RE: I'm not sure what you're talking about TonyJ...
          Reply message Tony...
          Reply message RE: Tony...
          Reply message RE: I'm not sure what you're talking about TonyJ...
Reply message I expect there are many things I won't like about it Al...
     Reply message I was tempted by the D800E...

G