Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Rear Curtain Flash - PC-Synched SB's

A_PeeR

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
A_PeeR Registered since 23rd Feb 2013
Sun 24-Feb-13 02:08 AM

The time has come to upgrade from my dated Olympus E510. It has served me well, but my photography pursuits have outgrown it's capabilities. I have been doing my homework on the Nikon line and feel the 7000/7100 best suits my needs at this time. I shoot a lot of macro and photomicroscopy. Not concerned about the cameras ability to shoot macro but any comments or experiences are most welcome.

I do have a some questions concerning the camera's ability to shoot photomicroscopy, in particular utilizing the rear (2nd) shutter flash. Typical setup for a shoot involves attaching adapter (t-mount or m42)-to-bellows or extensions tube-to-RMS adapter-to-microscope objective. Current flash setup is cobbled together with triangular array of SB-24, SB-26 and SB-27 flashes. SB24 and SB-27 fire off the hotshoe via PC-synch cables from WEIN HSHSB and piggy backed Nikon AS-15. SB-26 is set to fire as an optical slave.

Shooting sequence involves a 2 or 3 second shutter time (dimly lit room) followed by flashes firing as shutter closes. A few questions:

Will the D7000 trigger SB flashes (in manual mode) off the hotshot?
Will the the trigger work without a Nikon lens, in this case a train of adapters and objective., no electronic connection to the camera.
Will the D7000 trigger the flashes on the rear curtain of the shutter.

Thank you for your consideration.

G