Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

what settings to start with

micro

walkertown, US
506 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
micro Registered since 30th Mar 2008
Fri 22-Feb-13 11:58 PM

I just moved into a d7000 from a d80 a couple of weeks ago and I must say,I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the choices of the d7000.I shoot lots of sports,but like football the most.football camp is around the corner and then practice.thats also practice for me to so I will be ready for the games.I shoot with a 70-200mm f2.8.I like to shoot in A mode and watch my shutter speed.I'm looking for some basic settings to get started with to get a feel for the camera.I know my d-80 like the back of my hand but the d-7000 is so much more it's like starting all over again.dont get me wrong,this is going to be tons of fun learning all over again.in fact,it's just as much fun as viewing the results.I shoot jpeg only.just looking for starting points in areas like which auto focus mode,exposure mode,focus point,does auto white balance actually work?I eventually want to set up u1 and u2 for the start of the games with the sun still up to the end of the games under lights.thats the reason for the upgrade,the D-80 just was not doing it under the lights.I could not get sufficient shutter speeds after the sun went down without lots of noise even at F2.8.I welcome any and all recommendations,easy to in depth.thanks, Troy

there is no problem to big or small that can't be fixed with brute strength and ignorance visit my gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G