Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Theatre sample videos

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4962 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Thu 25-Nov-10 07:20 AM | edited Thu 25-Nov-10 08:13 AM by KnightPhoto

Here's a couple quick video uploads from theatre tonight. This is High School Musical.

Camera is D7000, sound recorded via a Zoom H4n sound recording device on hotshoe and wired to camera (later on I'll try and load the high quality 96Khz/24 bit sound recorded by the Zoom on its own SD card, but for now this is sound loaded into the camera via the external mic input). Nothing special on the edits yet, just a quickie cut and paste. originally shot in 720P/24 but loaded into iMovie at only "large (540)" so cut down quality as soon as I entered iMovie and then by whatever compression YouTube does.

Video is a bit of a blast aside from quintuple operator errors going on at a more or less constant pace

Lots to learn. These are manual exposure shot in what I call RRRoger AF mode (AF-S and only touch up focus as needed). I need to learn to not touch up AF so often since I was shooting stopped down to f8 or so (varied aperture while shooting to maximize depth of field). Manual exposure is something I blundered into and plan to learn more about. I had a lot of negative EV dialled in (anywhere from -1 to -1.7 EV just like when I shoot stills in this venue) but it looks like I underexposed. Also, for some reason YouTube is much darker than what I can see within iMovie. I was also changing EV while shooting so if you see any exposure change that was likely me trying to avoid blown highlights. As near as I could recall from the display while shooting these were mostly ISO3200 but also ranging from 2200-3200, I used Auto-ISO.

Links are here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=StevePerformanceca#p/u/0/L5kwGNwMx9A

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=StevePerformanceca#p/u/0/1gcxr4fijvI

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Theatre sample videos