Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Scene Mode Selection Picture

SchurchD7000

Marietta, US
50 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
SchurchD7000 Registered since 30th Jan 2013
Sun 17-Feb-13 02:58 PM

I recently purchased a d7000 and have not yet had an opportunity to shoot much. This is my first DSRL thus I am a very much a novice. I have read 90% of Darrell Young’s “Mastering the Nikon D7000”. I understand maybe 75% of what I read and probably can apply less than 40% of what I have understood. Therefore, I am going to begin using the AUTO mode hoping to progress to the M, A, S and P modes with experience.

My concern: I want to take advantage of the SCENE Modes (Portrait, Landscape, Child etc). After selecting SCENE mode and turning the Main command dial I see the scene mode icons for each option but I am also supposed to see a small picture showing the effect. The picture does not appear. Looking through the viewfinder I do see the Scene mode icon I have chosen in the upper left hand corner. Also when I’m in the process of turning the dial the options stay on the screen for only about a second. Now this may not be a problem but what concerns me is, what have I done to not be able to see the small picture and are there other consequences for what I have done.

If my description above is unclear and if you have Darrell Young’s book you can turn to page 346 figure 8.18 screen 4.

Thanks

Don

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Scene Mode Selection Picture