Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

upgrading from a Panny G3 to D7000

suitusir

UK
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
suitusir Registered since 09th Feb 2013
Sat 09-Feb-13 06:49 PM

Hi there,

I have been sat on the fence about upgrading my existing camera to a d7000. A bit of a background story, I wanted to get into photography but was concerned that if I bought a d-slr I would not use it. I came to this conclusion due to the size and complexity of the camera. Because of this I bought a Panasonic G3. I also bought a F1.7 pancake lense as I primarily was going to take portrait/family shots and it got a good review. I have really enjoyed using this camera but feel I want to step up to a true D-SLR. I have discounted the 3200/5200 as I want to really go further than a starter D-SLR. Also I know the d7000 replacement is not a million miles away but I generally dont buy tech when it released unless it is a serious improvement.

So after all that my question is fairly simple. My budget just about stretches to a D7000 body and possibly 2 lenses, am I going to see a marked improvement in picture from a modern 4/3rd camera to a mid range D-SLR?

I know that there is many factors like settings and actual photographic skill but on a technical level if someone could give me any ideas/pointers constructive criticism I would be much appreciated.

On a side note, I have been seriously bitten by the photography bug, I am taking a course in a months time so would like to get the camera before then.

Regards

David

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: upgrading from a Panny G3 to D7000

G