Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Manual Mode Shooting

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Thu 07-Feb-13 11:38 PM | edited Thu 07-Feb-13 11:57 PM by Bravozulu

Though I've used M mode before, today I was at the camera store and brought my D7000 body along. To take some test shots with a Sigma 17-50mm lens.

So I tested it. Taking double shots at min and max focal length, stopped down and wide open f stops. M mode allowed any combo of shutter/aperature. I repeated the testing outdoors. so I have can see the extreme limits of the lens.

Two things caught me by surprise. When I was outside, a few times the shutter wouldn't fire. Is the shutter disabled (in M Mode) when the exposure scale isn't centered?

Focus was fine. Definite green dot in the viewfinder.

Later, looking at the images at home on the computer (with ViewNX2), a few of the exterior shots had EC +/- exposure corrections inserted. I didn't initiate that. That was the other odd thing about today. ISO was set at about 400. What's going on with exposure?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G