Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 shut off time?

tetrahedron

CA
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
tetrahedron Registered since 12th Jan 2013
Sat 12-Jan-13 09:12 AM

This is probably the only place I can find a proper answer.
I just got my D7k back from a servicing, adjusting the notorious back-focus issue.

Now here is a question.
How long does it take for your D7k to shut off?
My firmware is the newest one:

A: 1.02
B: 1.03
L: 1.006

I just have a feeling it is way too slow. At least 1 - 2 seconds. I thought the rating was 0.4 seconds? Sometimes it stays on for around 5 - 10 seconds without responding.

This was the 6th time I sent it in and I'm really fed up with this body. After the 4th repair of the other notorious oil-splatter issue, they gave me a new body. Except the new body had the back-focus issue.

I may have to escalate this issue again. I feel that getting a new body with 6 repairs was rather a poor compensation for all the time and money wasted on trying to repair it.

And I do have the battery grip; I've heard that the grip causes bad things to happen but all answers on other forums were pretty vague.

If you guys can check, I would appreciate it.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 shut off time?