Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
goose42195

Wantagh, US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
goose42195 Registered since 17th Oct 2012
Wed 17-Oct-12 04:57 PM

Hello all. I'm new to this site. I've used Nikon Cameras my whole life, and recently upgraded to a D7000. I have a question about the "User modes". While I'm shooting action shots of my daughter's soccer games, I like the automatic scene selection of "action" (you know, that silly looking running man), but would like to tweak some of the settings. The only problem is that the camera will not allow certain things to be modified while in the scene selection mode. I would like to bump up the sharpness, change to Vivid with a slight bump in saturation, etc., etc. Is there any way of overriding this? I know some of you will say, "Just set the camera the way you like it in manual mode, then save it to U1 or U2. The only problem, is that I like the scene selection mode picking the fast shutter speed for me. It usually fluctuates from 800 to 1000 and even up to 1100, to gain the correct exposure. How can I mimic this? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: U1 & U2 question.

G