Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 and older PB6 Bellows

pittendrigh

Bozeman, US
33 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pittendrigh Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Sep 2011
Mon 15-Oct-12 11:10 PM

I have a 20 year old Nikon PB6 bellows. I originally used it with an older film camera. I found I was able to use it with a D70, if I used a closeup ring between camera and bellows, so the bellows would physically clear D70's body.

I bought a D7000 and had no problem doing the same (closeup ring between camera body and bellows). The bellows does have a manual lever that it supposed to close down the lens to a manually chosen F-stop for shooting. You leave that lever open for focusing.

All of this did work earlier this year, as the following photo demonstrates. But now, when I try to set the D7000 (and the lens) into manual mode the camera's information display announces F0 (F-zero) with no opportunity to choose F-22 or perhaps F-32.

What........have I done wrong? How do I get this working again?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G