Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Image Sensor - Dust or Oil?

RSmith70

Washington, US
49 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RSmith70 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2012
Thu 27-Sep-12 05:08 PM

So this is what I am getting, even with different lenses. I'm assuming this is not dust (?) since using the in-camera sensor cleaning command didn't change anything. Or is it possible that it IS dust that is simply stuck to the sensor? Is the oil pattern that is reported to show up on the right hand side of the image some hard-and-fast rule when it comes to ruling oil in or out? Clearly the specks are evenly distributed on the sensor.
in June, less that one year after purchasing the camera, I've started noticing the larger specks in the tops of my images mostly because they are against a bright sky, but there seem to be a lot of them all over the place.
What do I do next in terms of diagnosing the problem? I can tell you I am not comfortable cleaning it myself.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Image Sensor - Dust or Oil?

G