Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Hot Pixel Reports Are Apparently True

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
RWA0655

US
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RWA0655 Registered since 15th Nov 2010
Fri 19-Nov-10 06:35 PM | edited Fri 19-Nov-10 06:48 PM by RWA0655

I received my D7000 today. When checking video at ISO 200, I found 8 hot pixels (sensels?). The problem is far worse at ISO 1600. The bright dots are annoying enough to ruin the video.

I had hoped that initial reports of sensor problems would be unfounded, but the issue is apparently real and is serious enough to warrant discussion.

I should have a replacement camera tomorrow and will report back on whether or not it has a similar problem.

This camera also had a hot pixel on the live view screen, but I would have been willing to live with that.

For those curious about placement, the defects are predominantly located in the upper and lower left quadrants about 50% left of center with a couple more at about 75% along the X axis to the right of center. They display as bright, non-moving dots. High ISO NR and long exposure NR have no effect on them. Decreasing ISO to 100 also has no effect. The stuck sensels show up when recording against both bright and dark backgrounds.

I remain hopeful that Nikon will release firmware to allow in-camera remapping.

Is anyone else seeing similar issues?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Hot Pixel Reports Are Apparently True

G