Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

EN-EL15A Clarifications

Verglace

Melbourne, AU
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Verglace Registered since 23rd Aug 2012
Sun 26-Aug-12 12:54 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a grip, with an EN-EL15A.

Now, I've read that there have been problems with the EN-EL15A in that it doesn't fit the genuine grips. However, I've also read that the same problem occurs for third party grips as well (this is from a thread on dp review). Other sources say the moulding of the third party grips are exactly the same as the genuine grip just with different materials. So this leads me to believe that maybe the EN-EL15A that they got was wrongly made, rather than just not fitting the grips, and since some posts say that the EN-EL15A they purchased worked with the genuine grip, its possible that the issue has since been resolved?

Now from various reports on forum posts, reviews, youtube videos etc etc. The fake grips are a bit of a gamble. So I'm thinking of getting the genuine Nikon grip. Now part of the reason I want a grip is because I really want that EN-EL15A, I think its an amazing idea, however its only third party.

Anyone have anything to say in this matter?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: EN-EL15A Clarifications

G