Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Memory Card Confusion

Isaac Saunders

Orrtanna, US
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Isaac Saunders Registered since 21st Aug 2012
Wed 22-Aug-12 04:19 PM

Last weekend I wanted to try some new memory cards in my D7000. I purchased 4 Transcend 8GB Class 10 cards from B&H. I put 2 new ones in and formatted both of them. Went outside and snapped a pic and it said ERR over the cards. (I save a JPEG on each card) So I reformatted and tried again and it then said damaged card. I tried the other 2 with the same results. So, I called B&H to inquire because 4 bad memory cards doesn't sound right to me. After talking to someone in Customer Service he said that the card speeds are too high for the camera. They did an exchange no problem for SanDisk Extreme. Just wondering how the cards write speed would effect the performance like that? I was thinking that by going to the faster write speed I could get my time exposures of light painting to write faster, that's the only reason I tried them. Thanks for any ideas/help!

G