Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dbrook

CA
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dbrook Registered since 18th Apr 2012
Tue 21-Aug-12 10:18 PM

I use my D7000 mostly with focus set at AF-C and Single Point AF. I've tried 9 and 21 Point Dynamic a few times but it doesn't seem to be working the way I thought it should. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the way it operates. I've read all the suggested reading on this group and the web. I should mention as well that I have my camera setup with the AE-L/AF-L button set to AF On.

With AF-C and 9 or 21 point Dynamic, I focus my subject on the initial focus point. If I recompose or the subject moves within the 9 or 21 point area, shouldn't the initial focus point change to one of the other points as it follows the subject and the display changes to represent which point is now being used? It appears that the initial (or middle in my case) stays as the focus point. Is the focus point actually changing and just not displaying the new point or is something wrong with my D7000? I've tried the 3D tracking and I can see the focus points changing as things move around.

Thanks

G