Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Just Discovered Info Display

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bravozulu Registered since 04th Jun 2012
Fri 03-Aug-12 04:19 PM | edited Fri 03-Aug-12 06:19 PM by Bravozulu

Of course I look at the Info Display on the back. My eyes are getting old and the Display shows enlarged versions of the data cramped into the Viewfinder.

But I never paid much attention to the small icons at the bottom of the Info Display. You know, ISO Noise/Active D Light etc that all become highlighted when you hit the Info button a second time.

Playing with this feature yesterday I came across 3 icons that escaped notice before. And these three unlock some scarce & valuable real estate. I'm talking about the instant ability to configure 3 buttons on the camera — AE/AF Lock, Preview, Fn.

Before this discovery, I'd spent much time setting up special configurations of the three buttons in U1/U2 & Save Settings. Which in every instance required a 2 or 3 or 4-step routine of going to My Menu, or Custom Menu>Shooting Menu to set button options to deal with varying shooting conditions. With the icons in INFO, it's a quick.

My gosh. The D7000 just keeps on hurling pleasant surprises at me. Has anyone else had an awakening to INFO Display?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Just Discovered Info Display

G