Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

MB-D11 (or the cheap knockoff?) for shooting fast action

chipshorter

Philadelphia, US
48 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
chipshorter Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Apr 2012
Thu 02-Aug-12 01:59 PM

Hi all-

Recently I took my d7000 and 55-200 to shoot an amateur hockey game. It didn't go as smoothly as I hoped, primarily because I couldn't get the camera to shoot fast enough.

Now, I know that the 55-200 was a bad choice and that it was focus hunting. I will definitely be bringing my 70-200 next time, and just deal with the weight. Problem is, I put the camera and lens on MF and was still a bit behind the action.

What I'm wondering is if the grip accelerates the camera's actions.. Would the shooting speed increase with the MB-D11? Would the knockoff be good enough?

Any thoughts people have would be appreciated. I have another practice game to shoot before the main event in december and definitely want to improve on my last effort.

Thanks!
-c

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: MB-D11 (or the cheap knockoff?) for shooting fast a...

G