Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
VR8

Ottawa, CA
786 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008
Mon 16-Jul-12 06:29 PM

Since it came on the market I have been shooting with a D300. My frustration was with high ISOs. I ordered and then canceled a purchase of a D800. The size of the files, the cost, handling etc. were all factors. After some thought I recently bought a D7000 and I have found it to be great up to 1600 iso.

I have shot macro (see my Nikonians Gallery), landscape, and finally this past week concerts - some in poorly lit venues. On my website you can see two posts of the Ottawa Bluesfest, the first day Alan Doyle and Bill Bragg, are shot with the V1, the rest are D7000 Nikon 70-200 VR11 and often with the TC 1.7.

My only quibbles are the positioning of the AE/AL button I use for AF-On and the 39 versus 51 focus points on the D300. Its a great camera and while I have had a chance recently to try the D800, and has a lot of great features I could use. The D7000 for the moment and from my perspective is the most economic step up from a D300 . I will reassess when and if any new bodies are announced in the fall.

The D7000 has really helped me try new things, working under some problematic lighting. I am very pleased.

Victor

My Nikonians Gallery!

You can also visit my website: www.rakmilphotography.com

G