Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Upgrade to D7000 Question

Cadfael_tex

Fort Leavenworth, US
292 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Cadfael_tex Registered since 06th Apr 2008
Sat 14-Jul-12 06:19 PM

I sold my little D40 kit to my dad so the only nikon I have (besides F2) is an SB600 speed light. If I were to get a Nikon DSLR right now I believe I would get a D7000 right now. I gave both my AF-S lenses to my dad with the D40. I'd need to get a lens with it too. I'd have maybe a grand (USD) to spend on a lens. I have a 180 AIS I could use on the D7000 too. Two questions:

1. What lens for under $1000 would you get to pair with a D7000 as a generalist lens? (I favor build quality and IQ over the broadest range of zoom and would also consider a prime or two).

2. Is there any reason not to get a D7000 right now or something else you'd say was better for the money?

I might get an X100 in the near term as a light adjunct to a DSLR and wait to see what happens at photokina.

TIA,
Tony, Army Nikonian
Danger: Exposure to Life can be Addictive

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Upgrade to D7000 Question