Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Howker

Redmond, US
193 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Howker Registered since 21st Jul 2010
Fri 06-Jul-12 03:12 AM

I have used the GP-1 on my old D90 & now on the D7000. It has twice broken the socket connection because the cable comes straight out of the camera, the cable is too long & is in probably the worst place you could put the connection for safety. Its asking to be whacked!
Last time it bust I was at the Great Barrier reef half way into an Aussie tour so not best pleased. To be fair Nikon have always repaired the camera & have never charged me. I pay for shipping obviously.
Anyway I saw a post somewhere on Nikonians about a Hong Kong company that makes all kinds of 'strange' connections here is the link http://www.pc-mobile.net/nikongps.htm

So I tried it, bought the GNCA9, threw away the Nikon cable & voila! a sturdy well protected connection for the GP-1 to the camera. The cable it exactly the right length, the out cable from the GP-1 is angled down slightly but the camera connection is as good as it gets. If you have any GPS unit they all seem to have the same 'straight out the camera' connection but this gadget puts it at right angles.
The English is a challenge the pictures tell all BTW

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G