Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 overexpose?!...not really

keribang

Kuala Lumpur, MY
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
keribang Registered since 20th Apr 2012
Fri 08-Jun-12 02:32 PM

Greetings,

Just want to share what I thought was the famous D7k overexposure issues while on vacation in Bali. I was on aperture & shutter priority and all the shots were grossly overexposed in bright light when I chimped & look at histogram. I end up on fully manual adjusted to high shutter speed all the time which should have clued me in on what was wrong (excuse the noob ). Later I set the exposure to -3 EV while on all metering mode. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper - thank goodness for manual.

Did some tests once I'm back home by varying shutter speeds & apertures. Lo & behold changing the apertures didn't changed the exposure. I determined it stayed at 2.8 all the time while the LCD top & back indicated other values. Further, using DOF preview button didn't darken the viewfinder even at f/22. That was why all the shots in bright condition overexposed. D'oh!

Later determined that it was the lens (funny thing was the aperture blades closed & open off camera by using its' lever). Since everything is still under warranty, sent it back to Tamron 2 days ago & got it back today. Overexposure is gone & all is well again with the world...

Moral of this incident are (at least to me):
1. Check everything when faced with this sort of issue however unlikely.
2. Carry more than 1 lens when travelling. (I heard someone shouted 'noob' over there! )
3. D7000 does not overexpose.

Karim

My Nikonians Gallery

G