Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Law Question?

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
photographerdave

North Florida, US
201 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
photographerdave Registered since 23rd Dec 2005
Wed 06-Jun-12 01:33 AM

I photographed our daughters dance recital. The owner wanted us to photograph all the kids and post them so that parnets could buy pictures of their children in the recital if they wanted. One of the parents said we could not sell the photographs because they could be used by other people for other uses. In a situation like this do you actually have to get model releases for all these children? At best we stood to make a few bucks to help cover a little of the time taking and working on the pictures and now the owner is afraid to let us post the recital pictures. Does anyone know the particulars legally for a situation like this? This recital was open to the public and everyone was taking pictures and videos.

David

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Law Question?