Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
burchan

Sydney, AU
362 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
burchan Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2012
Thu 31-May-12 10:11 AM

Just returned from Alaska cruise with family. It was most chalenging and difficult photography ever with disapointing results. Son with D7000 and 18-200 Nikkor, Granddaughter with D50 and 18-200 Sigma, I used D7000 and 18-200mm Nikkor, D80 and 10-24mm Nikkor. The sky was overcast white and mountains were also white. Constant light rain made visability poor. On D7000 I used manual settings and did not always compensate for brightness in snow and had lot of overexposed. My D80 was accidently turned to manual and had overexposed entire outing since I did not check since I gave priority to D7000. All taken in JPG.
At the glacier calving I photographed RAW but at critical time buffer was full and I had to wait. Grandaughter had good series of photos and son had his camera in video mode and got nothing. One thing I learned. The more you learn about photography more is to learn.
took 5000 photos, Son took 1500, Granddaughter 150. Winner was Granddaughter with series of glacier calving images.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: back from Alaska

G