Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Cobalt

US
67 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Cobalt Registered since 20th Apr 2008
Mon 15-Nov-10 12:15 PM | edited Tue 16-Nov-10 05:58 PM by Cobalt

This past weekend I tried my hand at time lapse photography, using the D7000. I set the camera on a tripod just after sunset and captured 124 images at 10 second intervals.

I then brought the series into Lightroom so that I could resize the JPEGs to a smaller size. I exported the images (that is how I invoke the batch re-size command) and then used PS5 to create the video file.

It worked well for my first effort. The live view screen was a big help to get my focus set. I turned LV on, zoomed into a star, and then manually focused the 50mm f/1.4 lens I was using.

I set the camera on Aperture priority at f/1.4 and iso was set to 500. This setting allowed the shutter speed to adjust as the sky darkened. A few clouds moved through as the camera was clicking away, and made for some great elements in the series.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Time Lapse w/D7000

G