Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D7000 Shutter release and AF issue

wills

UK
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wills Registered since 13th May 2012
Sun 13-May-12 12:36 PM

Hi there all!

I recently bought a D7000, moving from a canon eos 40D.

Pleased with it so far I think. However something is baffling me about the camera. I read up on AF-A, AF-S and AF-C modes and understand the functionality no problem.

The issue I am having is with auto focus and subsequent shutter release, when pressing the shutter release button. Let me explain a little more...

I have my AE-L / AF-L button o the back assigned to AF-ON in custom functions. I find this a more convenient way of focusing the camera. So if I am in AF-A mode with metering set to all 39 points AUTO, I sometimes find after pressing the AF-ON button to focus, and releasing it, that the shutter release button does nothing when pressed. All I see is the top lcd display flashing R08 in the bottom right.

However if I keep the AF-ON button held in and then pres the shutter release, it always takes the shot. I don't understand this behaviour, since it will take the majority of the time when I don't have it held in.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I suspect if I didn't have AF-ON button dedicated I wouldn't be having this issue, but I like the camera set that way.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D7000 Shutter release and AF issue

G