Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Grain on zoomed images

Cerveza87

UK
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Cerveza87 Registered since 29th Apr 2012
Sun 29-Apr-12 11:02 PM

Hi All,

Firstly I am new here and I have just got the Nikon D7000!

I know that this camera is far beyond what i am capable of, my theory is to learn and grow into it rather than to out grow it and have to buy another within a few years!

Ok down to my issue, As my knowledge is basic, go easy on me please - layman speak is best

I have got the 18-55m VR lens attached (the only one i currently have) and I am taking photos both indoor and out.

Outdoor: i took a shot of my street, looking down through houses and cars, once loaded up into my PC and i started to zoom on the pic, the detail was very quickly lost and it became grainy and useless.

indoor: a very similar problem, Took a photo of a model boat and then loaded it onto my PC, started to zoom and the detail was lost very quickly.

I have tried messing with the ISO 100-1600, selected aperture priority and used a larger Fstop (even though I'm not entirely sure on how to set this effectively)

So, how do i take an outdoor shot of my street and then when i load it onto my PC and try zooming to different parts of the image it remains clear and crisp (i.e. a chimney) and secondly, how do i then take a picture of a model boat from standing above it, indoors, so when i zoom in on the detail it remains sharp...?

i hope this all made sense

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Grain on zoomed images