Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Taking my d7000 to the gymnasium

AKsnowhare

US
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
AKsnowhare Registered since 16th Mar 2012
Thu 26-Apr-12 06:08 AM

This Saturday I am going to take photos of a roller derby bout inside a gymnasium.

I have shot this location one time before with my d60 and a sigma 18 -200 3.5-5.6

I was really not happy with my results. I have since purchased a new d7000. Fearing that the camera alone would not be enough I have also rented a 70-200 2.8 vr II for the day.

I really enjoy shooting pictures of these derby girls and want to get the best shots for them that I can. I plan to shoot in shutter priority at an ISO of at least 800. AF-C and spot metering. I also will be using continuous high for my shutter mode.

What do you all think of this plan? Is there anything you would recommend to change? I am unsure of the type of overhead light but the walls are partially open so there is quite a bit of natural light mixed in.

There is an example of what I was getting there last time in my gallery.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Taking my d7000 to the gymnasium

G