Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Memory cards for new D7000

Umbanikon

Spring Hill, US
51 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Umbanikon Registered since 09th Jul 2004
Fri 06-Apr-12 04:25 PM

I have on order a new D7000...it will be my first digital camera in that I have been shooting F4s and F5 for a number of years.

Question?

I have a neurological disease that necessitates that I utilize a tripod 100% of the time (this has been true for 4 years). My question is this.

95% of my photography is low light landscapes or close up macro work, and again camera is on tripod 100% of time.

What type and size of "memory card" do I need. So many cards are talked about in terms of so many frames per second, fast recovery time and size. I generally bracket sunset/rise and other challenging light scenes +/- 0.5 stop either side of metered reading for Velvia 100. I was thinking about a couple of 8GB cards, but do I need "Ultra", "extreme" or "pro".

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

I can't wait to get the camera. It's controls seem very much like my F5's.

Len Foster

"Seize the Light"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Memory cards for new D7000