Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Appreciation and thanks

njbird

US
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
njbird Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Nov 2009
Tue 27-Mar-12 08:38 PM

I just want to express my appreciation to all of the members who participate in these forums and share their time and knowledge. I just upgraded from a D40 to a D7000 (birthday present from the BF ) and have been more than a little overwhelmed and afraid of it. It seemed like too much camera for me given my meager skills. I, too, had the soft focus complaint and while I knew it was me and not the camera I didn't know how to overcome it. I have spent much time here reading and reading and learning little bits and pieces. Slowly I am getting more comfortable with the D7000 and understanding how it operates and how to use it. It is definitely a huge learning leap from the D40. This weekend I managed to get a nice shot of some apple blossoms and a decent shot (once it was cropped) of a turkey vulture in flight. Anyway, just wanted to send a big thank you. This is an awesome site and well worth the price of membership. I admire the respect and professionalism that is seen here. You make the most basic beginner (like me) feel welcome and capable of taking better photos.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G