Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

3rd Party Battery not being used

Wolphin

Calgary, CA
98 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Wolphin Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Mar 2012
Thu 15-Mar-12 03:19 PM | edited Fri 16-Mar-12 01:41 AM by dm1dave

On my D7000, I have a 3rd-Party Grip, with 2 large battery packs.
Edited to remove ebay link

I am very happy with the quality of the grip, and for the price, was a good buy.

The issue I have, is I leave the Genuine battery in the camera, and use a large one in the grip. Although the camera is set to use the grip's battery first, the genuine keeps discharging fast (25% in under 2 weeks), while the grip is still showing charged (although it thinks its AAs) -- haven't got around to getting a 2nd genuine battery (Getting other stuff, like bigger bag and a new tripod!).

I'm wondering if there is some sort of problem with the battery, or with the 3rd party grip & battery. It seems to discharge as fast as the camera did before I got the grip. I have used the carrier for a genuine battery, with the genuine Power connector I have, and there was no problem with it detecting that the grip was connected to AC power.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 3rd Party Battery not being used

G