Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I Do Not Like High ISO Images.

Vlad_IT

US
1354 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011
Fri 09-Mar-12 02:58 AM | edited Fri 09-Mar-12 08:08 PM by Vlad_IT

Good evening all,

This is something that I wanted to discuss for some time as, I think, I’m wrong in my understanding of the process or I’m wrong with execution of the process ( I mean my taking picture techniques). There are some nice threads about how marvelous D7000 is at low light, etc. But I’m not getting there! With my camera and my photo techniques I do not fell comfortable of using ISO 1600 and higher on D7000.

All my images with higher ISO, besides having a lot of noise have low sharpness (crispness? Not sure on proper terminology here).

I was reading another post about noise comparison of D300 and D7000. And I decided to do this test for discussion. All linked images are handheld – that might be part of my problem, but with increasing ISO, the shutter speed is faster, and the images supposed to become more crisp looking, right? But in reality, higher ISO increases noise and that is reducing the sharpness/crispiness to the point where I think the images are just not usable. On top of that out of camera “softness” on higher ISO, removing noise in PP introduces additional softness. So it’s like catch 22, at least for me.

Edit: ***********

I agree with all replies and i think the exsamples used have a lot of motion blur and not sutable for this kind of test.

I will stage a new test tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,
Vlad

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I Do Not Like High ISO Images.

G