Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Where did i fail my D7000

DerekTV85

Salt Lake City, US
320 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DerekTV85 Registered since 12th Feb 2012
Mon 05-Mar-12 05:32 PM

History for these shots. Stop by home in Idaho Falls (rasied there) on my way to Montana for work. Live in Salt Lake City. Thought i would take my camera and do some shooting while on the trip.

Grabbed D7000, SB800, 50mm 1.4d af, Tokina 12-24mm F4. Own 70-300mm 55-200mm vr left with friend because he wants to buy one trying em out. Could have gotten one For trip but dont shoot alot of wildlife or felt like i needed the reach for this trip.

So i get to Idaho Falls Friday night. Meet up with a childhood friend at a 1st birthday party for his Sisters first child. Get talked into a Sunday morning float on the south fork.

Go....... And

Uncropped D7k 50mm 1.4 af D iso 180 1/1250sec center weighted F/8

Click on image to view larger version

Cropped little editing not that i know how to edit not my fortay.
Click on image to view larger version

Some of a series. Nothing bad happend, the big one chased the little one away.

First fail... Focal length.. i thought about getting one of my telephotos, because i didnt think i was going to do anything special while staying in Idaho, and prefer landscape I didnt. Thought i might end up running into the desert mess around or such. Having seen Eagles earlier in the day, By the time this shot way taken later in the day I would have had one of the telephotos on. These birds were close and 200mm or 300mm would have gotten me a better chance at a great shot.

Technique or lack there-of. I am a rather low use picky shooter. And have yet to master the complex D7000, which i am trying to change. And why i had the camera with me. Practice might have saved this shot.

Other then that. Could this shot on a poopy lighting day that this was been taken with the 50mm 1.4 af D. Or is this detail to be expected. I biffed it on the focal point. Using sigle point middle. i missed left bird just inches behind. but feel the total focus isnt an issue. And i believe Af-s mode was choose.

Reason for center weighted. Poor lighting overcasty winter day. with snow around. Figured this was best for proper subject lighting. Fish and friends being typical subject. And some Landscape.

Any thoughts and suggestions appricated. I am happy that i got to witness this, and got some shoots. Wish the pictures turned out better.... Didnt ruin a rather fun day. Have some more pics i will load on my FB if you would like to see them Msg or email me derek.t.v@hotmail.com and i can add you on FB

Thanks for looking

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Where did i fail my D7000