Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
terps1969

Loudon, US
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
terps1969 Registered since 29th Nov 2011
Fri 24-Feb-12 03:21 PM

I have a question regarding the flash setting to use on my D7000. I do not use the flash often but yesterday I need to use it and when I poped up the built in flash I noticed that the exposure setting was under exposed by more than one EV. The only way I could get the exposure up was to push the ISO up to 3200 and the f stop to 4. This does not seem correct. I did not have to do this in the past.

I have been reading several books on the D7000 and made several changes to the setting as recommended. My setting are currently e1-1/125, e2-1/60, e3-ttl,flash mode is set to fill flash. The only real change I had made recently was i was playing with using the comander mode on the camera to remotely fire the sb600 flash. Rest the flash mode to ttl after that.

It does not make any difference if I use the built in flash or the SB 600. If I shoot at the settings of f4 and ISO 200 or 400 the histrogram only goes half way to the right side. The only way to make the histogram approach the far right side is shoot at 3200 and f4.

I know I must have something set wrong on the camera and would appriciate any help anyone can provide.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G