Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
J_Harris

US
781 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
J_Harris Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Awarded for his contribution to the Nikonians Articles section Nikonian since 29th Mar 2011
Fri 03-Feb-12 10:00 PM | edited Fri 03-Feb-12 10:09 PM by J_Harris

I use "Auto" White Balance most of the time but noticed pictures seemed to be a little cool (bluish) during normal daylight. After some experimenting with white balance fine tuning I am much happier using auto white balance with fine tune set at A2 (slightly warmer).

Reading Thom Hogan's D7000 Guide he states Nikon uses 5200K (kelvin) for outdoor lighting and that the accepted "daylight film" Kelvin is balanced at 5400K. He recommends a fine tune of A2 that is 5495K when shooting in "Direct Sunlight" for the best white balance. So, he has verified my original fine tune adjustment was correct to obtain a more accurate white balance.

Has anyone else experimented with the white balance fine tune on their D7000 and came to the same conclusion? If not what is your fine tune settings?

Addendum: Picture control is set to "Standard" with no modifications except for no sharpening.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: White Balance