Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Made decision on spending my 2,000.00 on camera equipment

wildlifephoto

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wildlifephoto Registered since 11th Dec 2011
Mon 30-Jan-12 10:18 PM

I finally made up my mind or I think so, I'm not sure but hopefully? Seriously I think for me wanting the D7000 I decided on getting the SB-600 flash, and the 35mm f/1.8 as a prime lense. I certainly wanted more of a setup but due to paying bills, taking care of family and ........ it would be selfish for me to spend more than this on my 50th Birthday even though it would be nice. I just found another lense an old 28-70mm 3.5-4.5 AI-S lense on my wifes N6006 and along with the 70-210mm AI-S non D lense and my manual lenses (28mm f/2.8 AI-S, 50mm f/1.8 AI-S and my 100mm f/2.8) that I should be just fine and dandy for a while. Thought about getting the 50mm f/1.8 auto focus but since I have it in manual might as well go with the 35mm + it will give me the coverage that I will normally shoot mostly in. Thinking I have alot of learning to do with this setup soon and eventually may get more lenses after I get more acquainted with Digital Photography. I figure with these 3 it will come out to around 2,000.00 and give me a good start. THANKS

G