Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Using manual Nikkor lenses on D7000

wildlifephoto

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wildlifephoto Registered since 11th Dec 2011
Thu 26-Jan-12 03:12 AM

I am a new member to the forum and I am a novice in DSLR's, I have used Canon AE-1, Nikon N6006s, N8008s and when our income tax comes in I am hoping to get the D7000. We moved to the Wichita Falls area or back home two months ago and while unpacking today I noticed that I had a 28mm 1:2.8, 50mm 1:1.8 and 100mm 1:2.8 E all still in excellent condition, bought these aprox. 8 years ago and the only one I've ever used on my 8008 is the 100mm. Also have the old AF 70-210mm f 4-5.6 non D lense in very good shape. My question is I will have aprox. 2,000.00 to get the camera and I was wanting to know some suggestions from those who have alot more knowledge, I myself thought that saving money on lenses and buying a good flash for the camera would be the best route until I was able to get a good hold on how the camera works, if I did get a lense I heard that the 18-55mm kit lens was not a bad lens at all. Just wanted to know if these lenses are able to work with the D7000 are the easy to use on the camera since they are not auto-focus?, I do appreciate any advise, Thank you.

G