Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help me understand a pixel density issue

kentak

US
952 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kentak Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2010
Fri 30-Dec-11 11:36 PM

At least, I think it's related to pixel density.

I've often heard it said on this and other forums, that the D7000 is "less forgiving" of so-so glass. I take that to mean that images captured on a D7000 with "meh" quality lenses could actually be of lower IQ than the same images taken with, say, a D90 using the same lenses and viewed under the same conditions. If I'm interpreting that correctly, it seems counter-intuitive to me.

If I'm interpreting that wrongly, then what does "less forgiving" mean? If that interpretation is correct, please explain how that is so.

Thanks.

Kent

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help me understand a pixel density issue

G