Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

using D7000 with Breeze systems: NKRemote

liquidchild

AU
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
liquidchild Registered since 19th Dec 2011
Mon 19-Dec-11 07:19 AM

Hi, I recently got a Nikon D7000 which I use both personally and for my photo booth (open air type). The software I use is NKRemote.
I am not much of a DSLR wiz, so I am having some problems with the Live View display on the external monitor.

When I put the camera setting on Auto, and do the fullscreen photobooth mode. The live view display brightness is alright however the shutter speed is not correct. I get blurred images when movement occurs.

When I go on Manual Mode. I choose a fast Shutter speed 1/250, use f5.6 aperture and ISO 1100 however the display in Live View (full screen photobooth mode) is dark. I increase the ISO which brightens the display in Live View but when a photo is taken it’s too bright/over exposed. (I also use a single Bowens 500 gemini flash head with a softbox. For ambient lighting my photo booth has 2 x energy saver lamps (100w each).

I can't seem to replicate the Live View brightness in Auto. Even though I copy the shutter speed and aperture in Auto and change the ISO around it is still way too dark. Is there another setting I can adjust?

Does anybody have any suggestions on the correct camera settings? I want to use Manual with a fast shutterspeed to compensate for movement. But at the same time the Live View must be bright so people can actually see themselves in the display monitor.

Please any advise would be appreciated at this point.

G