Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dhmiller

US
899 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dhmiller Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 19th May 2009
Mon 01-Nov-10 11:24 PM | edited Mon 01-Nov-10 11:26 PM by dhmiller

I just picked up a D7000 today. I'm using a 70-300 VR II with it. I have it set to Auto focus mode, full time servo, and M/A on the lens (of course). I set the focus point before I start to record video, but once I begin recording, nothing that is not on the same plane as the original focal point stays in focus - there doesn;t appear to be any attempt to adjust or indeed, "auto" focus at all. For example, I am focusing initially on a painting about 10 feet away, then moving slowly to a painting about five feet away. Unless I depress the shitter button again, as I would normally do to fix a focus initially, the second painting is and stays completely out of focus even after a few seconds.

Definetly a new DSLR video user (but not so for camcorder)... but I'd love to get some suggestions or tips on this. And I assume I should use IS on the lens? Tried it both ways but didn;t examine the resulting files carefully, as the focus thing is a showstopper.
Thanks much.
D

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: focusing question