Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Should my buffer be full?

Uscbryan

Irvine, US
291 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Uscbryan Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jun 2010
Sun 11-Dec-11 10:03 PM | edited Sun 11-Dec-11 10:05 PM by Uscbryan

I was doing star trails in the mountains this weekend. I used the shutter release remote and locked the button down. Set the exposure for 30 seconds in RAW 14 bit. Set the camera continuous low so it would just keep taking 30sec exposures using the Sandisk extreme pro. I went to check on it about an hour later and it had stopped after taking about 105 shots and it said (r00) which I figure means buffer Is full. Doesn't make sense to me though because if the buffer was going to fill it should have done it long before shot 105 and 30 second exposure seems like it is plenty of time to keep up.. Was the buffer full or could it have been something else that stopped it? I had 2 8 gig cards in there so I wasn't close to being full. Thanks

Oh, and a second quick question. How cold can it be outside before I take a chance of damaging my camera if I leave it out too long? It was probably 30 degrees or so.

Arrowhead Star Trail1 by Uscbryan, on Flickr

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G