Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Stiff rotary power switch on D7000

vladman

London, UK
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
vladman Registered since 25th Jun 2009
Fri 09-Dec-11 10:47 AM

Hi, I've done a search, both here on the forum, and on Google, and haven't found anything regarding this...

My power switch on my D7000 has become increasingly stiff and difficult to rotate between the On, Off and Illumination positions. It was fine when I first got the camera, about a year ago.

I've never spilled anything on it, nor has it ever been exposed to any excessive dust or dirt or anything like that.

The switch is really stiff and it's impossible to rotate it smoothly, it sticks and if I turn it to the Illumination position, it doesn't rotate back as it should.

I even tried, very carefully, introducing a droplet of silicone based lubricant in between the body and the ring of the switch, but it hasn't really helped.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Vlad.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G